Ping David Hare-Scott

David

I remembered the name of the chap who died and who had headed the National Farmer's Federation. It was Rick Farley and it was Landcare that he fought for and got established.

I was in the process of making a Banana Cake when his name came back to me. I knew baking was a good for the brain.

Fran

Reply to
FarmI

I am a big fan of Landcare. They do good work mainly using volunteer labour using the bottom-up approach mentioned by Diamond. They need more funding and a sustained PR campaign and support from rural opinion leaders to make them mainstream, they should come to represent and to spread the core methods and attitudes that everybody can use.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott