Decorah or bust!

I'm off to the annual Seed Saver's Exchange campout and gathering at
the headquarters farm in Iowa, doing some visiting on the way out and
back. I promise a full report this time, complete with pictures of
the guilty parties.
It's nice to be amongst a whole crowd of like-minded lunatics!
Reply to
Gary Woods
On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 21:15:46 -0400, songbird wrote:
You should contact Russel Crowe (the Seed saver; not the actor). He has more varieties than you can imaginel. I got "Good Mother Stallard" from him last year.
Cheers!
Reply to
Gary Woods
i've seen those.
i'm poking fun at myself and my mental illness when it comes down to collecting even more bean varieties.
i happened to be sorting the collection recently but had to pack them away yesterday to get my room cleaned up a bit for visitors.
i was daydreaming of a system that would take a picture of each bean and then sort them for me. i don't think i'll be able to finish sorting them before the harvest starts up again. at least i did combine a lot of them so i am down to three shelves of containers (many containers have multiple varieties).
when i'm feeling particularly anxious i can sort a pile and then mix them back together to sort them again. kinda like picking stones off the beach combined with the worry stone concept. :)
hope you have a great time!
songbird
Reply to
songbird
I got some Mattie Greene bush (green) beans at a local seed swap . Want some ? Ping me offline ... my reply-to is good .
--
Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs
I'm not seeing anything from you at my @ msn.com email ... snag_one ... put it together . These are an heirloom , the seed I have has been passed down in the same family for like 3 generations .
--
Snag
Reply to
Terry Coombs
ah, that would be why as before you said the e-mail addr was good as is... i didn't get a bounce yet tho (takes a few days in most mail systems to get a bounce).
resent... :)
ok, i tried to google for images to see what the seeds looked like, but nothing really came up.
anything you're looking for (i asked same in e-mail)? i have about 30 named varieties and a large number of selections and cross-breeds that don't have names.
everything i grow is open-pollenated and momma nature does her thing.
[ anyone else who is interested in beans and varieties i'm always happy to trade or send out seeds. i like to see my children wander and hear back stories of how they do. :) ]
songbird
Reply to
songbird
yes, and i replied several hours ago.
i suspect i'm being held up, filtered out or dropped somehow. :(
i have not yet had any messages returned to me that i've sent out. no rush anyways as i can't plant now until next season... :)
songbird
Reply to
songbird
A friend of mine lives in Louisiana, here lately I haven't been receiving his emails. Thought at first it was my provider, ATT, sometimes they get jammed. Turned out it was not ATT but we never did find out what was happening but we are getting the emails regularly now.
He's sort of a loner so he was worried maybe the gubmint was reading his emails. He got over it quickly. Heck, he's a retired military ossifer, he should know better.
He lives so far back in the woods they have to pump sunlight to him and he likes it that way.
Reply to
George Shirley
e-mail is not 100% reliable, nor is it secure unless you've encrypted it.
some days i feel that ways too.
except i like my garden spaces open to the sun so i get my veggies growing...
which reminds me, gotta go check the cucumbers soon.
rains are done for now.
songbird
Reply to
songbird