Dec 26 gardening

it was so nice today when we were driving back that when we got home i grabbed a quick snack and rested a few minutes and then went out and weeded the North garden.

i think the area of it is about 1500 square feet. using the stirrup hoe i could skim along even if it was very muddy. the surface wasn't frozen, but down about 6 inches i was hitting some hard spots where it was frozen (we've had several evenings below zero and some days where the highs were 14F already).

it took me less than an hour to do a quick once over in that patch mostly hoping to disturb the grasses that were growing in there along with a lot of mouse eared chickweed. some of the daffodils are already poking up some green leaves (not uncommon).

there were a lot of deer tracks in this garden but there wasn't much there for them to eat other than a few strawberry plants. the comfrey has already died back. nothing else for them there any more now that i have it weeded.

not bad for getting it done in just a hair less than an hour. it felt good to work up a bit of a sweat and to accomplish something, even if it doesn't really stop the grass from growing it might at least give it a pause.

songbird

Reply to
songbird