Cucumbers

Hi

Last year we tried to grow some cucumbers in the greenhouse but they really struggled and we got next to nothing for our work. So this year rather than taking up greenhouse space we are going to try an outside variety at the allotment like our neighbour (Yorkshire) which seemed to do quite welll.

I haven't seen him this year yet to ask what he grew so does anybody have any experience or any advice of which type to go for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
gingerbrad

I've found that cucumbers are one of the easiest things to grow. I've grown several varieties in my back garden, which doesn't get a lot of sun, and I've always had good yields. I'm in Massachusetts which has a fairly short growing season, usually pretty wet but last years was hot and dry. Don't know how my climate compares to yours but I expect it's fairly similar.

Reply to
General Schvantzkoph

How easy is it to grow cucumbers in the Arizona desert (Phoenix metro area)?

Reply to
Jane G.

Real easy, provided you can provide enough water. One of the most productive gardens I ever had was in El Paso, TX. Great drainage, just provide natural manure, and plenty of water.

Reply to
Shawn Martin