cucumber question

I am growing cukes for the first time. I am having a problem though, my cukes are turning into a u-shape and then start turning a yellowish color. Any ideas????

Reply to
ll

They perhaps didn't get pollinated. Has it been too cold or windy for the bees to fly? If so, the problem should correct itself soon.

Steve

ll wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Ice Age

What kind of cukes? Where are they planted..as in what sort of soil, sun exposure, under glass outside, growing on the ground or climbing a trellis? It's way too early for cucumbers where I live, but I should be planting them. Well I *could* have had them in earlier as it was HOT early, but then cold, and now hot again. How big are the cucumbers when they turn U shaped? How long have they been on the vine when turning yellow?

I ask because some kinds of cucumbers grow contorted and it's normal.

Cucumbers turn yellow when they are getting "ripe" if they're left on the vine too long, although I doubt that is the case, but have to rule these things out. ;-)

A little more info will help folks help you.

Janice

Reply to
Janice