Re: Raspberries... going yellow

Hello, The leaves on my raspberry plants have started to turn a very brigh yellow - but only in patches. Many of the plants maintain a vigorou green leaf. Fruit growing on both yellow and green areas appears th same and OK. These are late summer/autumn raspberries. they were wel mulched with rotted stable manure in April. ome were transplanted t other areas of my allotment, thesae are also yellow. June fruitin raspberries alongside are completely unaffected.

Any ideas/help please? I am an organic gardene

- Bille

----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via

Biller

Not just yellow, but bright yellow. ... and only in patches. I hope you don't have rust:

Steve

Biller wrote:

Reply to
Steve

I hope that your raspberries don't have virus:

Pat Kiewicz

I hope that your raspberries don't have virus:

I think it may be MOSAIC VIRUS as identified by the r/h picture on th link you provided ;) thank you for your help... but now how do I deal with it

- Bille

----------------------------------------------------------------------- posted via

Biller

Plant viruses are not curable. If you are convinced that it's a virus, you should destroy the affected plants. By the way, who made the tiny URL for only part of that web site? I never did get that site to work even after I copied is the part on the 2nd line. The site came up but all the pictures were missing.

Steve

Biller wrote:

Reply to
Steve

As Steve said, if you are sure it is virus the only thing to do is destroy the plants. (You may want to have the plants diagnosed by professionals before you take this step.)

The virus is spread from plant to plant by aphids.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

1) destroy the infected plants (preferably by burning or hauling miles away) 2) invest in some aphid predators such as ladybugs or lacewings. 3) it's going to be tough being an organic gardener if the others around you are killing off the predators with their poisons.
Reply to
Bill