Burgess bad experience

Don't know if this is right group to post this to or not. If not, I apologize. You may be interested inmy negative experience with Burgess Seed & Plant Co. Here is copy of email sent to them yesterday.

"Why don't you have a toll free number for complaints? Why should I pay for a call because of your incompetence? You told me when I called in January that potato sets could not be shipped until April. I told you that was too late for south Georgia. I called again Mar 14 and you refused to ship them the next day as any reasonable shipper would do. You waited until it was too late, as I predicted, and they arrived today (April 6) completely rotted! In fact they were in a liquid state and had such an awful odor that my wife could not even put them in her car to bring them from the mail box a half mile away."

Frank southern Georgia correct email is snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Reply to
Frank Thompson

We are about 1 hr from Statesboro, Ga. We bought seed potatos from our local farm store. (Walmart also had them) Planted them in Feb and they are going like crazy. It has been our experience that most mail seed places are more trouble than they are worth. Planted our potatoes in old plastic garbage cans. Wanted our grandkids to see how they grow. We have a square foot garden that gives us lot of enjoyment, exersize, and sure adds to our diet. Also considering the price of produce helps our retirement budget. Grow more than we can use so share with Daughters family and other retired folks on our street. The lettuce is wonderful right now. Also the onions. Can you guess where we live? Sugar peas almost ready. Spinach , carrots and beets up. Garlic looks great. Tomatoes and peppers in the ground. Still need to plant green beans, eggplant and cucumbers. Next project is to get ready for the bugs ect. We fenced in our garden to keep the neighborhood dogs out. Now if we could just shut them up at night. LOL Barbara

Reply to
Barbara Foss