Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Container size for mini Patio Trees
Hiya I really need some advice on the container sizes for some mini patio treers I've just bought. The pear tree is called Harvest Green, I also have a mini apple (forgot it's name) and a Stella...
4
4

Chilli Help - Withering in the sunlight!
Hi Guys, This is my first post and I am a total novice so please excuse my total lack of knowledge. I have decided to grow chillies this year as I love eating them and so far so good, I have 26 plants...
4
4

Possible good news for gardeners
about for your food seems to matter. I'd add the visual, aural and sensual aspects create well being. Beauty makes me fell good.
1
1

Of Base
According to my "google numbers" there a lot of folks look here a lot yet no one says anything. Why is that? MJ
9
9

holes in every single one of my nectarines!
I was out watering my nectarine tree yesterday, and noticed small holes in each and every single one of them. Thankfully, it was just the nectarine, and none on the peach tree nearby. Each hole is...
1
1

Dwarf apple tree leaves now lace
I have a dwarf Jonagold apple tree by the front of my house which is doing fine. I had a lot of apples off it last year. Out back I have a small dwarf (not necessarily redundant -- it's a SMALL dwarf)...
4
4

Tomato Wilt
I transferred two of my tomato starts into pots weeks ago and they have been doing great. I go out today and they have every appearance of wilt. Then it occurred to me that I had run out of potting...
1
1

Longevity of juglone
We are in the process of demolishing a large shed which stood right beside a very large black walnut tree. There are probably many hundreds of pounds of compost on the roof of the shed, mainly from...
1
1

Too much rain
We had almost 7" of rain on Sunday and Monday. My newly planted bean seeds were under water. Guess I will just wait and see what happens. I won't be able to walk in the garden for several days. A good...
4
4

Help please! Chilli plants, leaves brown/white
Hi all, new to this forum, I would appreciate any help or advice on this problem. At the beginning of February this year, I decided to sow 11 varieties of chilli plants, ranging from Habanero all the...
6
6

Bell peppers
My bell pepper plants are about a month old. They are healthy and thriving, but they are only about 8" tall. They are already starting to produce fruit, which I've been pinching off because I don't...
1
1

It's Weed Killing Time
Two gallons of Roundup sprayed two days ago, and another two gallons yesterday. Probably spray another four gallons this upcoming week. That should take care of the areas near the house. Out in the...
2
2

Tired New Member
I have finished putting up my greenhouse about a week ago but due to the tipical British weather I have not been able to do much since. I know I am late in planting out my tomato plants but tomorrow I...
1
1

Redcurrent Bushes
Hi there, I am new here and a fairly new own produce gardener. I planted a redcurrent bush last year, against the wall of my house which is west facing. I had no flowers and no fruit last year but...
1
1

Kumquat pest?
Hi! I planted a kumquat tree near my grapefruit and orange trees. It was doing well, but now about half the leaves have a thin white film over them. These leaves are wrinkling up and some of them have...
1
1