Gardener's Worst Sin

I mixed up the "Keep the Deer Away" concentrate with "Kill all the Weeds" concentrate. By the grace of Mother Nature I switched the mix AFTER I had sprayed the Roses with correct sprayer. I was just getting the sprayer ready for the next time. I noticed that it didn't seem to smell as bad and thought Ut Ohh. Anyone done the same? MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

No, probably because I spray the Repels-All from a manufacturer spray bottle, and I don't use weed killer.

However, when using a single sprayer to apply multiple treatments, perhaps you should make a marker you twist-tie to the handle as a clear indicator of what is inside? A piece of vinyl mini blind slat makes a good durable tag, and those plastic wrapped twist wires found restraining childrens' toys into their packaging are useful for tieing them to a handle or bottle neck, etc (I use similar for making row markers with PVC plumbing for stakes). You could blast the marker with coloured spray paint, or tape a piece of coloured electrical tape to it. Red for "poison" or danger or somesuch, Green for some sort of fertilizer, Orange for some pest treatment, etc.

When done, empty the sprayer into the original non-spray container (if you haven't used it all up), and return the marker tag to the package associated with that particular chemical, so it's there to be affixed to your sprayer the next time you fill it. Of course, don't forget to rinse the sprayer and flush the pump assembly.

Think of them as something like a "remove before flight" safety streamer (as seen frequently on military aircraft when on the ground). I have one on the keyring for one of my performance cars

Reply to
Sean Straw

It's good to have a sprayer for weed killer chemicals and another for clean chemicals such as fertilizer. Maybe you need a third?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I don't spray to fertilize, I use granular. I re mixed in a hand sprayer for the deer stuff. It will work for now. I don't think I can get the weed killer out of the other sprayer to be able to use it again for the deer stuff. Not worth the chance to me. As far as labeling, they of course were, and one was out side and one was in the garage. How old do you have to be to start getting Senior Moments?. I am just so glad it wasn't worse. MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Male or female, nouns are the first thing to go.

Use differently coloured *and* shaped sprayers for different purposes.

Kinda like the differently shaped and coloured jars the chemists had and used for poisons.

Reply to
phorbin

Why don't you just drink them and put the Earth out of its misery?

Reply to
Billy

Or, of course, YOU could do that and put the rest of us out of ours.

Boron

Reply to
Boron Elgar

Bingo! That's my practice.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Mine too.

Sprayers aren't too expensive. There are quite a few sturdy enough models kicking around.

Shape, size and colour means that if my nomenclature slips badly some other sense has a chance to tell me I'm screwing up.

I agree completely.

Reply to
phorbin

Are you, and Monsanto in pain? Glad to hear it. The problem is that ignorance doesn't remain bliss for long. Have you killed any soil today?

Reply to
Billy

Of course, killing the soil means killing the ecology of the environment. e.g. anphibians.

Killing the anphibians of course means more insects, which then require more insecticide (a biocide) to control them, and that impacts everyone who lives in, or eats from that poisoned environment. With fewer poison purveyors like Boron Elgar, we would have a healthier world.

Reply to
Billy

Yes, Monsanto and I are having a Fifty Shades of Gray book signing to commemorate our hot love affair.

I am thrilled to make you happy.

Here'a bit of advice to dampen your bliss....you're an asshole.

There.

Now you know.

Reply to
Boron Elgar

I bow to your superior vulgarity, narccissim, and lack of supporting citation.

You're not one of Brooklyn/Shelly's new avatars are you?

Again, congratulations on reaching the bottom of the barrel first.

Reply to
Billy