Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cleaning sofa fabric
I took the cushions off my sofa to the dry cleaners but they wouldn't do them because they had no washing instructions label on them. They said they thought there was rubber in the fabric and it would...
1
1

Remote Gauge for OIL central heating tank
Remote Gauge for OIL central heating tank Hiya Please could anyone tell me if they know of such a thing? Ie the gauge would be in the house not actually on the tank outside. Maybe with a beep alarm...
2
2

Fence/ shed treatment bargains?
Anyone seen some bargains on Fence/shed treatment? I favour Red Cedar cuprinol, I'll need a couple of large tubs. Has anyone seen any bargains out there? K

Folding Sofa bed
an anyone help find a supplier, please. I've got a sofa bed, based around a bi-folding metal frame, with slatted wood mattress support. The frame has become damaged, and I was looking to replace the...

Positioning of boiler flue
I am thinking of having a new boiler fitted, in a new position, within my home. I am in an end-of-terrace and I would like have it fitted to this outside wall. However, there is a public footpath...

Re: Plumbing - drain valve?
I've never never seen one here in The States. (Under the sink above the shut-off valve.) If you really need a supply-pipe drain, a better location it seems, would be at the lowest point on the pipe....

Re: Oil heating - Is it safe?
Most times there is a decal on the furnace somewhere with the installation clearances required for the furnace.

Ideal Standard RS 60 Central Heating Boiler
Where can I download a service manual for this boiler?
1
1

Re: footings
http://www.swale.gov.uk/media/adobepdf/building_approval_foundations.pdf http://www.swale.gov.uk/media/adobepdf/building_approval_foundations.pdf

Stairs an bldg regs - whats the deal?
Im planning to have new stairs put in. My question is this a - what would happen if i put the stairs in and didnt get in contact with anyone about bldg regs b - if noone found out, when i came to sell...

Floor leveler
Hi Folks, My local DIY stores sells floor leveller for around £10 a bag. Does anyone know if it's available in larger quantities as I have a floor I need to raise and level by 10mm. The whole area in...
2
2

Worcester 240 problem
Brilliant isn't it, I reply to the post below with an opinion about = combi's being great and twelve hours later mines kaput. So I hope someone can help with this.=20 I've got a Worcester 240 combi...
2
2

New washer on MST ballcock - advice needed
Having replaced my cistern ballcock washer plenty of times, I thought doing the one in the MST would be the same - but I have been warned that it is not as easy! So what do I need? The house was built...

Re: Electric Wall heaters Vs Gas fired central heating.
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:51:06 +0000 (UTC), "Alan" babbled like a waterfall and said: I suspect your figures on this may be flawed in some serious way.
1
1

Electric Wall heaters Vs Gas fired central heating.
Hi all, I am in the process of doing up our newly bought house. At the moment I have removed all the old carpets and nails and we are now going to decide on the heating system. The whole house and...
1
1