Wallpaper

What's the system for taking off old wallpaper, only one layer and can peel off vinyl layer. Don't want to use steam which will require stripping room. Didn't I read somewhere that you can slap a watery paste on the surface so that the water dosn't run off?

Colin

Reply to
cojack

???? Is that not the intention?

If you mean stripping the room of furniture etc. Then it is easier to decorate this way, but if you don't want to empty the room I do not see why using a steam stripper will be an issue.

Never heard of that one! Yo canu use a 'wrung out' sponge but it will be much quicker with a steamer. If all you will be left with is the backing paper and you start steaming at the top, then you don't really even need to use a scraper. Steam and pull away the top area and then just move the steamer plate down and across a 'plate at a time' and the paper will peel itself off due to the weight of itself. Hope that makes sense.

John

Reply to
John

No idea re. the 1st part of your question yet..

yes , if you mix a 'size' type paste, then the water will hold to the paper longer and therefor make stripping easier. I use this to strip the dreaded woodchip.

P >
Reply to
Peter