Toilet overflow

I need an alternative to the standard toilet over flow that vents to outside the building. As the outside wall is about to become the inside wall when the conservatory is built. I remember seeing a see through pipe that joined on to the soil pipe once upon a time but can't find one or is it my memory playing tricks again? Other than that any ideas how not to flood the conservatory if the ball c*ck sticks?

Regards Brian

Reply to
Brianb

A new cistern will vent to the toilet bowl, not through the wall.

Reply to
EricP

Have a look at this page:

It's a combined overflow and flapper valve, not a syphon. I've got a similar one in my toilet and it works better than a syphon, giving a better flush.

Reply to
Paul Saunders

Whatever you get, you need to get something that acts as a tell-tale. If you don't notice the cistern overflowing then it could get worse to the point when you only notice it when you have water puring across the floor or thru' the ceiling.

Reply to
Mitchum

I've seen one where the overflow went into the flush pipe, so the toilet would be permanently flushing(dribbling) if there was an overflow. It was in an office block, I don't know if it's available for domestic use. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to run the overflow into the flush pipe on a DIY basis, are fittings available?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat