Tiling

Am about to tile the Bathroom Floor of my nearly finished Extension.=20 THe floor is the usual Chipboard.

Do I need to put some Plywood down before tiling on Chipboard, or is it=20 OK without.

Was thinking of puting a layer of 3 or 6mm Ply down....

TIA

--=20 =AE=D6=D0 Remove spamtrap to reply.

Reply to
Rod

Do I need to put some Plywood down before tiling on Chipboard, or is it OK without.

Was thinking of puting a layer of 3 or 6mm Ply down....

TIA

On the new builds and extensions that I have seen when a floor tiled there is never any ply laid on the chipboard. A tiler (that I asked today for you) told me that the tiles would be difficult to get back up without destroying the chipboard and so he laid 3mm ply on his bathroom floor first.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for that, I get some 3mm ply then....