Springs for lock

My back door the spring has broke so have to lift the handle to shut/lock the door, I tried about a year ago to get a replacement spring to no avail. Thought I would try again, can anyone point me in the right direction. A picture of the lock and spring at the link below in case it helps.

thanks

Reply to
S S

That looks like a box latch long case mortise lock:

Worth checking at a traditional hardware/ironmongers/tools shop in case they have a selection of springs and can find one that matches. Otherwise it means a new lock of similar dimensions to the old one.

Reply to
DIY

Try springmasters (google) and see if they have anything similar that will work or can be modified to work. Otherwise it would be worth getting a vice, some suitable wire and having a stab at it yourself (this would be the most satisfying if it worked).

Reply to
Robert