shaver sockets & toothbrushes

I recently upgraded the striplight over bedroom washbasin to take an electric toothbrush 2-pin charging socket. Find that the socket only works when light is on.

How long does it need to be plugged in to re-charge if the brush is used twice a day by 2 people for 2mins a time?

Previous arrangement in bathroom, left charger on overnight as socket was independent of light!

colin

Reply to
Colin Jackson

Forget the new socket, this is only for mains shavers and go back to your old arrangement.

Reply to
EricP

At a rough guess, I would think about 15:1. Although you may be better off running the thing until it stops and then re-charging it back to full, overnight.

I think I might be tempted to replace the fitting!

Maybe even rewire it internally so that the socket is always powered.

Reply to
Palindr☻me