Sealing new plaster

Hi I've just had the bedroom walls and ceiling plastered. I would like to paint the ceiling, that last time I did this I used a PVA mix to seal the plaster the only problem was the paint wouldn't adhere to well to this. I have been recommended to use a cheap matt emulsion watered down as a sealer. Has anyone got any better ideas or suggestions? I did try to buy a propper plaster sealer but nowhere local sells it :( Cheers

Reply to
rivermersey

just mix your pva bond with the paint? new plaster will take more than 1 coat anyway? its called a spit coat, and then just paint over the 1st coat dude... easiest way i think....

"rivermersey" wrote in message news:XQ%8h.670$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Kris Dawson

Dilute matt emulsion works well. Dilute down more, the more polished the plaster surface. PVA can be a disaster.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"rivermersey" wrote in message news:XQ%8h.670$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Just done a complete bathroom, painted direct to plaster with B&Q white silk for bathrooms & kitchens rolled on well and looks good. even covered up the odd marks in the plaster.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D. Smith

A few months ago, the plaster told me to wait until plaster dries (changes colour) apply diluted matt emulsion. Wall has been ok.

The wall that I plastered and primed with pva, the plaster came away after

10 years!

"rivermersey" wrote in message news:XQ%8h.670$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Bobby Bewl