No key for euro cylinder lock

Hi, my sister has just moved to a new house, the property had been a repossession. I think that the lock barrels had been changed as they didn't seem to fit properly, so I have changed these for new ones. the only problem is that on one side the patio door there is no key so I cant remove the cylinder plus some one as already had a go at drilling and forcing it with what looks like a screwdriver. I've had a go at drilling it but it is quite hard, don't suppose a lock smith could pick it now as it is well damaged. Any body got any ideas or experience? TIA

Reply to
Norman

A locksmith can still break it out in about 10 seconds if you have access the the inside of the door, without damaging anything else.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

had to do the same at friends house. 8mm drill in the section next to the keyslot 24mm deep drill, and a 10mm drill into the key slot. Took 10 mins of gentle drilling.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet