Leaking French Doors :-)

Hi all,

About a year or so ago I had a Loft Conversion done and generally they did an OK job, but not without its incidents! Anyway the most recent one is the inward opening french doors they fitted have started to leak..

I've called them a number of times and they keep saying yes they'll come around but they never do.. Currently they've started saying they'll call back and they're not.. I have no faith in them fixing this and quite honestly can't understand how/why.. They claim to have a 10 year guarantee but I now doubt they have any intention of living up to it..

Anyway, when I visited them they mentioned that the drainage holes might be blocked, I've looked at the doors and there arnt any drainage holes on the outside, but there are drainage holes coming INTO the loft which is where the water is coming from.

See picture at

Is this right?? Shouldnt the drainage holes be pointing outwards??

Groan Angelo

Reply to
angelo

No, it's not right, they should drain to the outside. I would get at least one replacement window/door repair firm to give me an estimate in order to find out what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix the problem, then tell the builder what is wrong and insist they fix it. If they refuse to sort it out you need to contact Trading Standards. If that doesn't work, or you prefer not to have the builder involved, then AFAIK your only option is to get another company to fix the problem, then either sue the builder in the small claims court or just forget about it. Someone on uk.legal will advise further. It could be that the frame has been installed the wrong way round.

Reply to
Handy

Hi there,

Many thanks for this , I'll do what you suggest. Thanks for confirming I'm not going mad.

Angelo

Reply to
angelo