Lead flashing

How much approx is lead flashing for the roof? I have a conservatory roof which is leaking in in a couple of places and a roofer that came to look says that the wall that joins the roof is perished and no lead has been used to seal it properly in the first place anh he said the lead is going to cost approx £500 alone, he went on to say that lead has increased a lot in price recently and it's gone up £100 a ton this month alone. I'd hate to be ripped off.

I have done a search on google but can't find a price but I don't know what sort I should be buying either as it looks like there are different types/grades.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Reply to
Fred

Go to a builders merchant for advice; you will get the best advice there.

Reply to
Limey Lurker

You can still get an awful lot of lead for £500

Recent invoices for 1 roll 3m x 300mm code 4. £36 38p inc vat. Two 3m rolls

300mm code 4 £59.92 inc vat
Reply to
keith_765

If you want to know how much lead as gone up, look under commodities

Reply to
keith_765

Prices for lead flashing in various widths of 450, 300, 240 and 150mm are here:

For a conservatory roof I would guess that you need the 240 or 150mm wide flashing. If he wants to charge £500 just for the flashing then either you have a very long conservatory or you are being ripped off. Was he wearing spurs?

Reply to
DIY

Invoice received today 3 Rolls x 3m x 390mm Code 4 @ £40.66 = £121.98+ vat 1 Roll 3m x 150mm Code 3 @ £11.90 = £11.90+ vat

1 Roll 3m x 150mm Code 4 @ £16.15 = £16.15+ vat