ldoor latch name

Hi

I am looking for the sort of internal door latch for bathroom and toilet that in an emergency can be opened from the outside of said room. sort of latch used in hospitals.

its so privacy can be maintained but access gained if required.

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

================== This is a bit institutional but it's probably what you're looking for:

If you 'google' for 'bathroom door lock' you'll find more options but some of them look rather expensive.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Mark

You can pick up a door knob which has a small hole in the centre for release just like your pc's cd tray!! I found this as an example though it's a US company. I'am sure a good local ironmonger or hardware shop would have similar

hth Steve

Reply to
stevej

AIUI, it is mandatory (at least on new-builds) for all bathroom etc doors to be unlockable from outside - so I would think any decent ironmongers or sheds should have a wide choice...

Reply to
Martin

B&Q do the thing you are after. We fitted one to our bathroom door. Brass fitting with a knob on the inside for locking the door but on the outside, there is a slotted head which can be turned with a coin or similar. Hope this is of help..... Eric

Reply to
Eric Hall

In article , Mark D Smith writes

'Privacy set' is a common term for this sort of door furniture, might be a bit of an Americanism but I'm pretty sure it's used over here too, certainly gets a few hits on google.
Reply to
fred

I have this type of door handle on all my toilet doors. They are a traditional round knobs with a small hole on the outside one, into which a slimline screwdriver is placed and you turn the slot and unlock it. My house is approx 12 years old, and have been in since new, so they are available but I don't know where from.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

as it happens off to B&Q tomorrow so will have a look.

Thanks all

Mark

Reply to
Mark D Smith

Exactly how many doors do you have on your toilat?

Reply to
Limey Lurker

The word is actually spelt toilEt, and you are being silly. I have three toilEts/bathrooms, each with one of the handle described by myself in my previous posting. Now go away and do your homework before your mum tells you off!

John

Reply to
John