Interpretation of Part P

Everyone has their own interpretation of many rules and regulations that are around, from Joe Public to High Court Judges.

I would like to know your interpretations of this:-

Part P applies to all electrical installation work carried out in dwellings. However, you do not need to tell your local authority's Building Control Department about: a.. repairs and maintenance work or b.. extra power points or lighting points or other alterations to existing circuits (except in specially defined areas such as a kitchen, bathroom or outdoors) If you are unsure you should contact your local authority's Building Control Department or, if you are already dealing with a Competent Person, he/she should be able to advise you

Reply to
the_constructor

There must be - out there - a few competent lay persons blissfully unaware of /oblivious to all these new mumbo-jumbo, poorly-drafted Part P regs, who have never read a para on the internet, who don't ever read any big-brother publicity, and who just get on with the rewiring or installation job in hand diligently, without feeling compunction or fear, without any sense of guilt or criminality. How I envy them ! How does one hear of /learn about these edicts? I never noticed them till I subscribed to 2 DIY news groups and read msgs at random.

PS Are there any similar new regs pertinent just to GAS mods &/or additions? I don't really want to know!

Reply to
Jim Gregory