How to clean aluminum baking pans used for roasting. Black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

How do you clean an aluminum baking pan that was used for roasting?... there are baked on black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues

How would that home cleaning remedies guy on PBS public television, Graham Haley, clean it with some compound of various proportions of vinegar, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar or other substances?... especially without need for any elbow grease!

Reply to
dsaklad

Scorched food residues. Aluminum baking pans used for roasting.

How do you clean an aluminum baking pan that was used for roasting?... there are baked on black, dark brown, light brown difficult to remove residues.

How would that home cleaning remedies guy on public television, Graham Haley, clean it with some compound of various proportions of vinegar, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar or other substances?... especially without need for any elbow grease!

Reply to
dsaklad

Now there's a coincidence. I've just come from cleaning a saucepan that I allowed to boil dry while cooking up some blackberries. I used 240 grit wet and dry paper (wot car body folk use for preparing cars for painting). It'd have been better with 100 grit but I didn't have any.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Household Ammonia - put pans and ammonia in plastic bag close bag and leave

24 hours. Keep away from pets and children

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

Was that last bit part of the instructions, or just free advice?? ____________________________ The Grim Reaper

Reply to
The Grim Reaper

Soak pans in Coca-Cola for 24 hours. That should do it. Use the cheap kind though.... just as good

Reply to
the_constructor

Try boiling some rhubarb in the pan. The acid in the rhubarb does the trick. Just remember to throw away the rhubarb when its done its job. It is no longer fit for consumption.

Reply to
Howard Neil