house alarm fault

No idea if anyone has even heard of my house alarm.. The paragon plus? Anyway it has started playing up after several years running ok. Without the alarm being set ( just in normal day mode with us in the house) the exterior alarm has started beeping. Not a full alarm sound, just a steady beep. The is nothing in the instructions that I can see even mentions this beeping noise. The way I clear it is to set the alarm , trigger the alarm then enter the code to turn it off. Any ideas what may be causing this beeping sound? The control panel shows no faults or anything when this happens

Reply to
tomm

Try asking in uk.tech.electronic-security

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's a long time since I installed any alarms, and I was only the assistant - hopefully someone more expert will come along - but a couple of things spring to mind.

1) Most sounders, like most panels, have an inbuilt rechargeable battery, which is there so that if someone cuts the electricity supply and/or the connection between the two, the sounder can, er, sound. Perhaps the battery needs replacing. *If* you can get inside the sounder's cover painlessly, you may be able to just replace the battery. Check out the panel's while you're about it. A symptom of the latter being dead can be the sounder being activated if the electricity supply fails. Maplins stock the most common replacements.

2) The sounder has a bug in it, literally (that's where the use of the term in computing comes from). It may be that accumulation of dead insects caught by spiders and other debris is affecting the behaviour of the panel. Although this seems perhaps a little unlikely at the sort of voltages panels use, I wouldn't rule it out. You could try blowing or vacuuming (if you can reach) out any dust, etc in it.

3) A wir> No idea if anyone has even heard of my house alarm..
Reply to
Java Jive

Hi .. thanks for that .. yes its just a beeping sound not a full alarm In fact its very similar to the sound vans make when reversing

Reply to
tomm

thanks.. another suggesting the battery in the outer alarm looks like I will try this if it happens again although it has only happened twice last night and to my knowledge not since. I posted because I was expecting it to keep happening .. may still happen again so point number 2 is also worth a look

Reply to
tomm

thanks !!!

Reply to