Hob Blackening?

I've got one of those F A N T A S T I C electric ovens that has flat metal round cooking things, like this...

It's a second hand cooker, the cooker is ncice and clean (NOW!!) but the round things on the top are a tiny bit rusty, a bit dimpled and a bit, well, rough looking.

I've tried wire brushing them, and it doesn't improve them. They aren't bad enough to suddenly burn out or rust away though.

Is there something I can paint on them like Hob Blackener?

If so, what's it called and where can I get some?

I'm in Bristol

Thanks

Ps, a friend is giving me some Hob Covers, but I'd rather they looked better just as they are :-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Try this:

May also be available via eBay.

Reply to
DIY

Top tip! Thanks for finding that, I'll investigate :-)

Reply to
Vødkäjéllÿ

Black lead for fire grates? That brings back memories of my grandmother black-leading the fireplace and stoning the front doorstep in the late

1940s.
Reply to
Bruce

Fireplace? You had a fireplace? Some people don't know they're born!

Reply to
Limey Lurker

I am sure that these days we have forgotten the subtle distinction between grate, fireplace, hob and range

Reply to
Bruce