Garage door problem

Just went to close the garage door, and one of the wires at the side snapped. Now we can't even close it shut.

Any ideas? Tried ringing around to get someone out, but being bank holiday, no luck...

Reply to
Head of Toast

I cant help you to sort it but be very very careful as those wires are under enormous pressure from the springs. Hopefully someone qualified can offer advice.

Reply to
S S

I take it you have a Henderson door?

You need two people to close it with one busted cable. One lifts at the good end and the other lifts and pulls towards themselves at the busted end, trying to keep the runner vertical in the slot or the door comes out and you have serious trouble.

You will have to buy a cone set for about £25 or get it done for about £80.

I would advise getting it done as that spring need knowledge and tools to handle safely.

Reply to
EricP

thanks for replies. Managed to get it closed, finally. Big relief.

Will look into getting someone to sort it out in the week.

Ta.

Reply to
Head of Toast