fitted kitched info

I've reached the point of exasperation with so called kitchen fitter/suppliers, with extended delivery dates and mysteriously increasing quotes. I'm going to have to do it myself. Now, it seems I go and buy carcases, and I can get the fittings like magic corners, and drawer units etc no problem. But when I look at my existing kitchen which was fitted about 8 years ago, it's not just a matter of screwing the units onto the wall. They seem to be fixed to some sort of panelling, and short of dismantling the entire thing, I can't see how the thing is put together. Can anyone advise me? Ideally a book on kitchen unit assembly would be ideal. I'm aware that carcasses should be 18mm etc, but I could use info on quality hinges and drawer slides. I'm in Ireland. I'm not concerned about the worktop which will be granite - the granite man comes, he measures, he templates, he goes away, comes back and fits... apparently!

All input of will be most welcome - this farce has been going on for nearly a year...

Thank you

Derek

Reply to
derek

Hi Dereck

where abouts in Ireland are you, I helped someone with a kitchen recently [via email] he may be nearby

kitchenman

Reply to
kitchenman

Hi,

I'm in Kerry... and going over to London next week to visit the kitchen exhibition. That's how desperate I am!!

Tks

Reply to
nichollette

The other guy has not got back to me, but if you do a google for "kitchen installation" will give you loads of hits, look for the FAQ from this newsgroup, there should be something there

Reply to
kitchenman