Since you say "flush", it sounds like it went all over the
If so, take it apart, wash everything in warm water with some
Ajax and scrub with soft brush. It's OK to get everything wet as
long as you let it dry before reassembling.
Some metal parts which suffered slight corrosion may need some
gentle filing or at least a q-tip dipped in alcohol or
industrial electronics cleaning spray.
Probably easier to buy new torch. Make sure to bag and mark the old one
hazardous waste though .. grin.
Actually, I have a strip light torch that had some problems from this and
could not find out how to get it to bits!
Brian Gaff - firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:- In order to reduce spam, any email without 'Brian Gaff'
The electrolyte in alkaline batteries is potassium hydroxide which is a very
corrosive alkaline (like caustic soda - sodium hydroxide). Presumably a mild
acid such as vinegar or citric acid would be best to flush it out with.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.