Bosch Dishwasher - pump jammed

I bought a new dishwasher 5 weeks ago and it stopped working today. The engineer is coming but does anyone know a quick fix to freeing the waste pump? The last wash left eh dishes looking clean but a great pool of dirty water in the bottom of the machine. Now it won't do anything - so I assume the pump is stuck. Lots of lights on/

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

In my model, If you read your manual is should tell you how to free the impeller which is mounted beneath the drain basket. You need to empty the sump with a jug first. You might then need a torq screwdriver to get to it. There is only one screw down there and it's a bit of a fiddle to get it back in place. It seems to block quite easily if something like an elastic band gets through the two filter screens. Turn it backwards by hand a few times and carefully remove the bits that were blocking it, There was nothing about it in my manual but the engineer showed me the access method and said that later manuals explained how to get to it and free the impeller. In the three or four years we've had this machine the engineer came once and I have freed it twice since. I complained to them that if it was going to be in the manual and therefore a diy option they should also supply a torq screwdriver. Michael

Reply to
Michael Shergold

Thanks - no screws in the drain recess or anything else remotely moveable. And nothing in the manual except references to the pump jamming - with no solution.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

If it's under warranty and the manual makes no reference to clearing the pump I would leave it for the engineer. My manual makes no reference to unblocking it though I can see screws in the recess to remove the white cover.

I've had mine for 2 yrs and never had a days trouble. I always buy bosch appliances, the extra cost is worth it for their reliability. If you shop around carefully you won't pay that much more.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I agree - the man is coming this morning. We have a houseful of Bosch appliances and this is the first time in 10 years that we have had a problem.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Pearson