boiler programmer

We have a worcester 28 cdi boiler with an electronic programmer. The boiler is 6 years old. The programmer has gone off. When I took it out, there is a battery on the back of the programmer which I assume is a back up supply. The battery seems to be soldered in place. Could the battery be the problem or has the programmer gone pear shaped

Thanks....... Eric

Reply to
Eric Hall

I think that you are refering to an inbuilt (part of the boiler) electronic programmer. Am I correct?

I am not sure that the battery is soldered in place as standard, but even if the battery fails the unit should still work when mains power is available.

I have swapped inbuilt programmers for normal external ones a few times. Typical costs are £120 (or more) for the built in and £30 for the external.

Any more info, as I could help more.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth