Bathroom windows

Hi. Simple one (maybe!!!)

Does a window above a bath, in a bathroom, need to be toughened glass? (1300mm high by 1050mm wide overall including frame, single pane tilt'n'turn inwards opening); more than 800mm from bathroom floor.

Two estimates in: one says it does, other says it does not!!

Reply to
Ian

Regardless of what the regulations say if you can fall against it when standing in the bath then for the relatively small additional cost I would go for toughened.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I would rather go for laminated - the plastic interleave gives far more protection against breakage - and won't shatter if the glass surface is scratched or penetrated (unlike toughened).

Reply to
Unbeleiver