advise needed please

I need to put down a base for a greenhouse: Base area is going to be 10ft 4" x 6ft 6" & 3" thick. can anyone tell me how much Ballast & Cement i would need to buy to make a mix of 5-1 to cover area.

Thanks

Reply to
gedge

IANA mental arithmetic type person. However.

I reckon that is about half a cubic metre, or about a ton. So buy a dumpy bag of ballast and about 7 bags of cement. Should be near enough.

You might want someone to double-check as I was up late last night..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

There's instructions and how to calculate it here:-

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

0.6 cubic metres. look at
and scroll down (quite a way) to "Associated Topics" and pick 'Mortars & Concrete'. There are a couple of calculators etc. on there that will help you determine the quantities required.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for the infomation.... very helpful

Reply to
gedge