Storm windows

I own a 100 year old home with double-hung, single-pane windows that are in very good shape. Unfortuantely, the storm windows are a disaster. I wish to have someone replace the storm windows. I just contacted the Borg to get a quote to give me some idea of the pricing.

Can you give me some guidance on buying new storm windows?

Can you recommend any brands?

Are double-hung, double-pane, storm-windows available?

Are there any installation details I should insist on? (i.e. a bead of caulk under the storms?)

Thanks for your thoughts...

Reply to
jwill

you can get stand alone storm windows that just screw on to the window trim from outside for about 40-80 each depending on size. yes you need a bead of caulk under them & they should be installed on warm enough day for the caulk to seal properly go to home depot or menards or lowes & speak so someone there. or pay a contractor 35/ hr to do it

Reply to
longshot