Race you to the top

I want one.

RicodJour

Yeah do drugs twice a fast without a needle, COOL!!

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Needle free injection technology??? Did I ever show you the 200 30 year old scars on my shoulders? They give you so many shots in the army that you are *required by law* to carry a little journal on your person at all times showing what shots you've had. **When I was in the army all soldiers had to have their Shot Records, ID Card and Dog Tags on them 24/7. Failure to do so resulted in an article 15. Most of the shots came from a gun, in groups of 3. bam, Bam, BAM!

Reply to
Don

"RicodJour"> wrote

None for me, I'm terrified of heights. LOL

Reply to
Don

The rope climber of the drug injector?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

If the rope climber is going up less than 20 or 30 feet, just the climber. Any higher than that and I think I'd have to be higher than that so I'd take both.

Interesting little doohickey and it's about the size of a small power tool. Wait until it finds its way onto construction sites. If it can lift a guy and his 100 pounds of equipment it can certainly do a lot of hoisting work. Think about all the applications. It will become indispensable to a lot of people. Think stock.

I wonder if the inventor is another Dean Kamen in the making.

RicodJour

"RicodJour"> wrote

I'm imagining a mexican laborer being dragged up the side of a unfloated concrete block 20 story condo on Vanderbilt Beach in Naples, FL. and suffering severe abrasions on 75% of his body, then he hits the wrong button and plunges into a pulp at the bottom. OSHA will never approve it......

Reply to
Don

Who said it had to lift people? The applications are endless. Lifting personnel is only a very small portion of what it could do.

RicodJour

Add one under each sleeve with mini-suction-cups and you can do anything a spider can.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Hardly a day goes by in SW FL without a mexican laborer getting killed or severly injured on a jobsite.

Reply to
Don

???

RicodJour

Yeah, non-hispanic people never get injured on the job.

Reply to
Willshak

What would a dikhed from NY know about mexican jobsite injuries in SW FL? Probably 80% or more of the workforce is mexican so it stands to reason that group would have many of the injuries. Try

if you can't afford to go there in person.

Reply to
Don

No, it's a good idea, except for one major flaw. A person still has to anchor the rope at the top of the building or place to be climbed. A firefighter will still have to trudge up the stairs to set the rope for the overs to ascend by this device. A remote version for lifting materials without resorting to a crane would be nice.

Reply to
Alan

The thing is though that most construction is 5 stories or less and usually there are plenty of Lulls on site for sitting stuff up that high. (the example in the article cited 3 stories) None the less, you're right, it would require 2 people to work the thing.

1 on the bottom to run the device and 1 on the top to make sure the device stays anchored. I have repelled and its advisable to change ropes after 10-20 ascends/descends and under all circumstances the ropes need to be visually inspected after and during each use. I suspect the same is true for cables.

Reply to
Don

Finally, a motorized sky hook. Imagine the architectural design possiblities.

Reply to
Secretia Green

A remote version would require a crane...unless you're thinking of what Batman used - shoot a Bat Dart into the attachment point (try not to kill one of the guest stars peering out of the windows) and use the Bat Ascender. One guy climbing the building to make it far easier on all of the other trips up. Hardly seems like a penalty, or a flaw. The whole point is to have something that is easily portable and easy to use.

RicodJour

30 stories - the article stated 30 stories. Hell of a Lull! BTW lul is a Dutch word for penis. The Dutch have great slang. kuttelikkertje =E2=80=A0 a small dog for ladies note literally : small pussy licker

Once you set a piton, do you station a man at each one to make sure they stay anchored? No, you do it right the first time. Your life depends on it and that's pretty fair dinkum motivation for most people.

RicodJour

Could the cables be pre-installed? Stored as a coil, in a box, at locations at top of the building, then released electrically, as required. Ken

Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

Could. But that would mean that you'd have to have every building have at least one, they'd need to be annual inspections, they'd take up space and most all of them would never ever get used, etc. Makes more sense to have the people that use them bring them.

RicodJour