Little green airlines?

Forgive me if it has been asked before but I am new to this NG.

I have noticed that a lot of the homes going up around my development have little green or white (air?) lines that run around the windows and doors in the frame of the house and all run back to a central location. They seem to be about the thickness of about 16 ga. or 18 ga. wire but they are hollow plastic like air lines. I have noticed these with many builders, not just one. What are they for?

If it makes any difference, I am in the Phoenix Arizona area.

Thank you for any help.

Chris

Reply to
caveat

I would have no idea if they really are hollow tubing -- I'm wondering if instead they might be fibre-optic cable for alarm system signal, maybe?

--

Reply to
dpb

Sounds like the wires for a burglar alarm but they aren't hollow obviously.

Reply to
CWatters

Could it be for a "tubes-in-the-wall" pest control system?

WIth that system, you'd run some small tubing all around the perimeter of the house and back to a delivery station (or stations.) Then, the pest control person comes by periodically and injects some insecticide, which is supposed to blanket all the possible entrances for bugs.

"caveat" wrote:

Reply to
Bugzapper

Thank you for the info. I did a google search and found some pictures that look almost exactly like what I was talking about.

Again, thanks!

Reply to
caveat