How to trim widows with arch (semi-circle) top?

I was thinking short square ballusters from Fypon so that the total height is 26" or 28". That matches some old farmhouses I've found in the area. The ballusters are pretty close together, too--closer than required by code. Is that what you had in mind when you said "a very low one?" Again, we might choose to leave the railing system off altogether, which would be my preference--on less thing to screw up. If we do add railing, it will be the last thing we do on the house at the very end.

I know what you mean by Greco-Roman balusters. For our 8" square HB&G PermaCast columns, our builder pointed at the "Tuscan" cap and base in the catalog. I knew it didn't look right. To me, it looked too "colonial" I said, but in hindsight I think it was what you meant by "Greco-Roman." It just doesn't fit. The old farmhouses I've found that have large square columns have a simple moulding at the top, kind of like a crown moulding, with just a flat cap and a cove moulding underneath. Then the base is just 1x6 clad around the bottom.

- John

Reply to
Sasquatch

"Sasquatch" wrote You guys, on the other hand, read *all* of my

Psychotic idiot. The whole wide world is against veith. waaaaaaaa Go change your soiled diaper.

Reply to
Don

Yes, though I'd leave it off if permissible.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Hey Michael. Would it be alright if Squatch emailed you directly for the free design work? That way you could attach sketches and renderings so he'd know what to give to his builder and architect. He already said he was willing to pay. Maybe he could send you the money though PayPal. Thanks.

RicodJour

No, not the whole world. Just a couple of freaks with too much time on your hands. But I'm probably not the only target of your psychosis. I'm not *that* conceited. I'm sure you're generous and spread your madness around, harrassing multiple people in discussion groups, not just me.

- John

Reply to
Sasquatch

A true professional with a viable business doesn't need to worry about sharing a little advice. I'm sure he has plenty of *real* work. You can always spot a real pro/expert that way. They never gouge you and bill you for advice or a favor that is virtually free for them. It's kind of like taking a car in for a repair, expecting to pay hundreds, only to have the service manager say, "It's on the house today! It was only a fuse." That's a pro. A loser would lie and say the problem was more serious and still charge a few hundred dollars. ...or whine about another *real* professional sharing some wisdom, which drives you crazy because you're so desparate for work, but there is none, because you're a loser. You're probably one of those gotta-be-my-own-boss-because-no-boss-will-tolerate-me-but-I-can't-make-a-living-self-employed-either types. Lucky guess?

- John

RicodJour wrote:

Reply to
Sasquatch

You admitted to being a rampant spammer. You crosspost your whines to multiple groups. You post under multiple identities. You seem to be unaware of the world around you. Regular posters have flamed you and now shun you.

No wonder you have no real friends and seek abuse in usenet, its all thats left for you. Pathetic. And hilarious. LOL

Reply to
Don

I'm not drawing anything, though if he/she wants to send me something, there is this new hockey stick I've been thinking about for my daughter....

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I didn't even do that, just offered a general opinion on a newsgroup.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Not setting your sights too high on that one. ;) How old's your daughter?

RicodJour

They may not need to worry too much about that because they can handle requests and inquiries that, in their opinion, strain or abuse the privilege.

Would you like to recommend your architect to those on the NG who might be in the market down the road?

Assuming it is truely free for them and/or that they consider it as such. Your idea of free may be different. Imagine the two clashing! ;)

There is nothing inherently professional about offering "free samples", especially when one considers hooks, lock-ins or other forms of manipulation. Your expectations may be on-the-money. A free fuse today; a gouge tomorrow.

Did I read that you're a father? Well, here's something that might be of interest in this regard: "Multiple scientific studies show that the industry-sponsored discharge bags undermine breastfeeding, by causing breastfeeding mothers to start using formula... Each bag costs the companies less than $7. A year of formula costs parents up to $2,000, a significant portion of which pays for marketing. The bags are not really 'free' -- they are paid for by families who buy formula."

which drives

you're

gotta-be-my-own-boss-because-no-boss-will-tolerate-me-but-I-can't-make-a-living-self-employed-either

Far too many bosses and jobs aren't worth working for or doing, respectively. It works both ways.

Actually that doesn't seem like a bad idea-- even for Sas.

Reply to
Warm Worm

You mean like SPAMMING? LOL

Come on Veith, *share* your techniques with us. LOL

Reply to
Don

14
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Since you're in Canada, is it safe to assume we're talking ice hockey? Girl's leagues around here are not very common, and the girls that are at that age are more interested in the mall than the rink.

RicodJour

Why do you guys keep answering this guy?

I have erased dozens of answers to his silly questions and you keep encouraging him.

Reply to
Glenn

Other than the fact that it's fun, and the backdrop of childhood obesity in North America, one of the big attractions for the girls' parents is exactly that:

They're not hanging out in a mall. The girls you meet in sports are not the same girls you saw 30 years ago. Take a look at the roster of our junior team:

and click on a player. Most of them are quite accomplished.

The NMGHL (

) is probably the most competitive girls hockey league in the world, and we happen to live dead-center in it. The participation rate for girls is exploding but has been limited by the availability of ice time, as boys' clubs have their ice contracts grandfathered since the dawn of time. Girls have to wait for new ice to be built, which is not too much longer for my daughter's club:

(PS No hitting in girls' hockey..."incidental contact" only...hehe...) (PPS Did you catch the recent Four Nations Cup?

)

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Like older guys who play golf, but are more interested in the gal in short shorts who drives the refreshment cart.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Don't answer that unless you want RicodJour and Don stalking your daughter. Serious. They glean a few facts from your posts, and the next thing you know they're making comments about your personal life, which are comical, because they're clearly based on the few facts they've been able to glean, and not consistant with reality at all, but still disturbing. These guys are stalkers. Real sickos. I've been e-mailed directly at my home address, followed to unrelated newsgroups and harrassed, received thinly veiled death threats... Trust me. It's not worth it. Ignore them. I'm already doing a little precautionary investigating and taking certain safeguards to protect myself from these psychopaths. Don't make the mistakes I did. Ignore them.

- John

Reply to
Sasquatch

Are you serious?!? Come on! This guy is a stalker! First he wants to know your daughter's age. Then he wants to know where in Canada you live and the exact sport she's participating in! DO NOT ANSWER THIS GUY'S QUESTIONS! LOOK UP HIS PREVIOUS POSTS! He is a stalker. I'm reporting this, and I'm serious.

- John

Reply to
Sasquatch

Oh, boy. Now you're sharing your daughter's team's roster. You're in for it. These guys are going to use your personal info against you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

- John

Michael Bulatovich wrote:

North America, one of the big attractions for the girls' parents is exactly that:

same girls you saw 30 years ago. Take a look at the roster of our junior team:

Most of them are quite accomplished.

hockey league in the world, and we happen to live dead-center in it. The participation rate for girls is exploding but has been limited by the availability of ice time, as boys' clubs have their ice contracts grandfathered since the dawn of time. Girls have to wait for new ice to be built, which is not too much longer for my daughter's club:

)

in

href="news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com">news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

in