Window trim material?

For our new home, we have wide white trim around all of our windows. We would like the trim to be maintenance free or near-maintenance free. What's the best way to accomplish this? Our builder wants to wrap "one-by" boards in white aluminum, but when I see that I always notice a little ripple in the aluminum and it looks tacky. Also, our center second-floor window has a round half-circle window at the top of the window ensemble, so I don't think aluminum wrapping will work for that trim. What's the best solution? Would white vinyl AZEK trim boards work for this? If so, would you bend one long board, or cut the curve out of a large panel of AZEK vinyl or what?

Here's a link to our front elevation:

It would be nice if we could have a crown moulding at the top of the windows, too, but that's not absolutely necessary, just a nicety.

Please advise.

Thanks, John

Reply to
Sasquatch

Done properly, there is no ripple. But a plain warp is well, plain. There are many alternatives for a creative sheet metal man to come up with a nicely molded panel, like a wide brick mold.

There are also lots of pre-made products. I buy from Norandex and they have several surrounds available in their Finishworks line, flat and fluted. Mid-America also makes surrounds, brick molds, window headers, etc.

You need to get to a good supplier and see what they can provide.

-- Dennis

Reply to
DT