Porch railing height revisited

I found this image of a porch very similar to our new construction with a railing that looks to be 24" high or 30" high at the most (not 36"). Look's nice to me! Looks nice and old fashioned. Is there anything wrong with this that you can think of? Here's a link to an image...

Thoughts, please.

Thanks, John

Reply to
Sasquatch

We all told you what we thought. You can look around and probably find rails 6" high and 7' high. Why are you back here again? You are getting to be a pain in the butt.

Reply to
Glenn

A thought. To the regulars. We have seen this question by the same poster now three times. The questions seem to have an adolescent ring to them. Suppose this is homework for a school assignment?

Reply to
Glenn

what really matters is what local code is anyway. who cares what it looks like, its irrelevant

Reply to
longshot

Who cares what it looks like? Glad I'm not paying *you* to build my house.

Reply to
Sasquatch

it doesn't really matter how it looks when area planning comes by, fines you & makes you take it down, duh.

"oh, but it sure looked nice"

bwaahahaaaaa

Reply to
longshot

Reply to
Sasquatch

so build it pussy boy

Reply to
longshot

Reply to
Sasquatch

I concur with the "Who care what it looks like ?" faction. You yourself seem to have so little confidence in your own taste and your imaginary designer's capabilities that you also fall into that same faction. If you did care, you'd know what you liked, and you'd build the damn thing instead of doing stupid Gallup polls on the internet.

You're not paying anyone here. As far as I can tell from your behavior and the drawings you've posted, you're probably not paying anybody. People answer your questions - your repeated questions - and you still keep asking the same questions.

You've developed a new neurosis. Obsessive Indecision is an art form and you should be acknowledged as the master.

RicodJour

Wow. You're a freak. Save it for your couch time with your shrink, weirdo. Then you can analyze *yourself* all you want, instead of people in construction/architecture discussion groups who you don't even know. Get a life.

As for those of you who have actually contributed objective input on this and other questions, thank you very much. I appreciate it.

- John

RicodJour wrote:

Reply to
Sasquatch

Excellent! You _can_ have an opinion and make up your own mind. I think we've achieved something here...

I have contributed objective input. From my totally unbiased and objective viewpoint it's clear that you ask stupid questions or ask reasonable questions repeatedly - even after they've been answered to death.

People in three different newsgroups have told you the exact same thing

- repeatedly. There are only two things to remember: The railing height is dictated by code. What looks best is a personal opinion.

It's very simple, so I'm not sure why you're still asking the stupid questions on the same topic.

RicodJour

Reply to
Sasquatch

Check out my posting history in any of the groups where you're posting your stupid questions. If that's too much work, I'll summarize what the research will tell you:

You are the clueless newbie.

That's not unforgivable - unless you take pride in remaining a clueless newbie.

RicodJour

Oh, yeah. I'll get right on that. I'll check out your posting history later today, maybe after lunch. Oh, wait, I have that meeting, and that project...

Get a life.

RicodJour wrote:

Reply to
Sasquatch

John-

I'm wondering.......if you're SO busy

that project... > your stupid questions.

Reply to
Bobk207

Ugh. Another stroker. Feel good about yourself now? Good for you. That's great.

Reply to
Sasquatch

you are right, the rest of the world is wrong. what a feeling, eh?

Reply to
longshot

Reply to
Sasquatch

I felt good BEFORE my post & I didn't feel any better AFTER the post & I feel just fine NOW.

You're in need of a little guidance, I really hate to see you waste your time wandering about...it's a thermo thing..

Just admit you were worng & move on.....you'll feel better.

Try this exercise...say out loud slowly "I was wrong" repeat five times.

See... it's not the end of your world, you survived.

Or are you never wrong?

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207