Hot porch roof revisited

Last fall I posted about how hot the porch roof gets and radiates the heat down so it's hot as hell under the porch. It's 10' x 24', no circulation problem, the porch is all open, just railing around it.

Mentioned making the roof white, and looks don't matter because you can't see the top of this roof from the ground.

The roof is shingled. Any thoughts on white outdoor paint instead of the expensive white stuff made for trailer roofs?

Reply to
Tony

Tony wrote the following:

I painted a 20 x20 sunroom's black shingled roof with Henry Solarflex

287 SF. from Home Depot. The roof area was about 500 sq ft. It made a hell of a difference in temps in the sunroom in the summer. $76
willshak

I may try this stuff. It's made for the roof and good quality outdoor white paint would probably cost more anyway. The coverage is about twice of the stuff at Lows, but that is for roofs that are already white. Two thin layers are probably better anyway. Says it can double or triple the life of roofs, maybe I'll do the whole house.

Reply to
Tony