Grayco sprayer problem

I've got a grayco airless sprayer, the 900 series magnum, and it seems to not spray right. I've tried a couple of new tips, and had the pressure from low to high. What i'm getting is a good spray pattern the width it should be, but then a gap and a stripe on each side of the pattern. I'm at my wits end, i've had close to a hundred gallons of different brands of paint through this thing in the year and a half i've had it and it worked great until the last 25 gallons or so. I'm beginning to wonder if there's anyway the nozzle itself (where the tip goes in) could affect the pattern.

thanks

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve Barker wrote: ...

I'd think if there were any dirt/caked paint or physical damage it could, surely. That would be my next investigative step.

--

Reply to
dpb

Absolutely can...

Also tips can wear out. Paint is abrasive to a certain extent. I'd consider investing in a new tip assembly.

Reply to
PeterD

that's exactly what we did today. i bought a new (proper size) tip AND the guard it goes into. I'll report back this time tomorrow.

Steve Barker