Bathroom ceiling tile install

Hi, My bathroom ceiling above the shower is moldy and the paint is bubbling. I would like to tile the whole ceiling and walls. Can I install directly on the painted ceiling? What do I need to do to prep the existing so that the tiles dont fall off? Sand the surface or cover with 1/4" tile board? There is a ceiling exhaust fan but it still gets moldy.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 13506 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
alwaysdiy