Latest threads in Concreteshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

what % of strength is reached in 2, 7, 28 days
this is for a slab to support a mobile home

how to build concrete berm (think speed bump only smaller)
We have a downward sloping driveway and a very shallow gutter on the apron of the street. There are lots of discussions in the forums about building concrete berms to keep water out of a garage but...
42
42

What should the depth of the footing for a cinder block fence be?
fence will be 6 ft. high.
3
3

I've just replaced a garage service door. The concrete floor is not level. I have a half inch void under the aluminum threshold.
What type of material would best fill this void and also support the threshold???
1
1

How do you know when its time to re-concrete a walkway verses repairing it
No further details provided
1
1

I have a double concrete laundry tub. It leaks. I see the crack from underneath the tub.
What can I use to fill the hairline crack?
2
2

How do I adhere concrete speed bumps to an existing concrete driveway
Someone is giving me some concrete speed bumps (brand new from the concrete manufacturer). My home is on a slope. The road going east to west is straight up a hill. There is a small (very short) curb...
1
1

trying to get specs on a concrete pad for an above ground 2500 gallon water tank and a concrete pad 40' X 70' to place a mobile home on
Want to know grade and thickness for 2 separate concrete pads. One will be housing a mobile home 60' X 30' with the pad being 40' X 70' and the other will just be a base pad for a 2500 gallon above...
1
1

crazy paving molds
No further details provided

how long after a porch is poured should I wait until I epoxy bolts for handrail
No further details provided
1
1

cost of inspecting a post tension slab?
What is the cost of inspecting a post tension slab (garage) that has been drilled, don't know how deep, and rebar put into each of the dozen or more holes?

I recently poured a concrete driveway. It is on average 6 inches thick how long will it take to cure to put car traffic on it ?
We poured the slab in two pours, this past Friday and Saturday. The daytime temperature has been a high of 70-85 degrees and nighttime temperature of 57 to 64 degrees. How long before I can put the...
1
1

What is the best way to fix a big sink hole (2 x 1.5 x 0.18 square meter) under front porch?
What's the best way to fix a big sink hole under front porch? The foundation company checked the foundation and told the foundation is fine. There is no crack on front porch. Mud jacking company...
1
1

Do I need to put gravel under my footing?
Right now I have dug down 4 feet to get below frost line, I live in ND so we do have some freezing and thawing going on.... But is it necessary to put gravel under the footing or can I pour my footing...
1
1

my stoop has holes around it I think critters are come in under it what can i do?
I had a friend check it he took a broom handle and stuck it in the hole and the hold handle went in. What should i do.
1
1