Steam Mop or Steam Floor Cleaner Help

After all these years, I'm ready to throw out the old mop and bucket! I'm a procrastinator in regard to floor cleaning because I really hate to deal with the wringing and I'm just not gonna do it another day! (WAHOOO how good did that feel to say that!? VERY good! ha) I don't want these babies to start having black bottomed socks so I have to make a decision pretty quick! What steam mop do you all find does a good job for the least amount of hassle overall? Or should I go with one of the disposable mopping systems? I went to epinions and the only one they have any info on was listed on Hammacher Schlemmer was 99.95 and out of stock. I've checked with everyone I know and they are all still slaves to the pail so I've not seen either in action. Opinions please? Thanks.

Reply to
mypet

I really like the Swifter Wet Jet--does a good job. However, once a month, I scrub my floors with Clorox and water, so, I still do use the bucket--for really tough jobs, there is nothing like a bucket and scrub brush.

I bought the Hoover floor cleaner--used it a couple of times and gave it to Goodwill. It did not clean very well at all, and was a huge hassle.--r3

Reply to
tsr3

I have been using the Eureka Enviro-steamer Deluxe for about 5 years. It does a good job, is easy to use, and is inexpensive. I use it on ceramic tile, laminate, and vinyl. If you have a Tuesday Morning store in your area, they have some for $39 in white boxes that were sold under the "Home Works" brand.. Here is a link to the product:

Vox Humana

How is it for cleaning close to baseboards and in tighter spaces? Can you hang it to store it? We don't have a Tuesday morning and everybody else is either much higher priced or out of stock!

Reply to
mypet

I bought mine at Lowe's and I have seen them at Costco. If you look around you will find one at a good price. Bissell makes a steam mop that looks decent at a good price

Eureka's original model (that may still be available) was not great in corners as the unit was rounded. The deluxe model has a square head that does get into corners and against baseboards. Another reason to get the deluxe model is that it has spring clamps that hold the cloths. That means you can use pieces of old bath towel or old hand towels instead of the expensive cleaning pads that come with the mop. The original version used fitted pads with elastic. You were almost compelled to use them unless you could sew your own.

There is no reason why you couldn't hand it for storage as it isn't very heavy. The mop comes with a plastic tray that you set it on when you aren't using it. That protects the floor while it is heating and cooling.

One thing to consider is that you don't have to ever buy any cleaners when you use a steam mop. You will start saving money immediately. There are more expensive models on the market, so even at full price, this is a pretty good deal in the log run.

Reply to
Vox Humana

If you have tile floors, go with the Scunci (the Yellow model). I think they have them at Target. It is a good, multi-purpose steam cleaner.

Reply to
Latosha Washington

How does the yellow model of the Scunci differ from the lower priced red one? I looked on epinions and didn't find the lower priced one to have very good reviews.

Reply to
mypet

The yellow model has a floor mop type attachment and is better for floors. The red model is for smaller jobs. But I suppose you could use the red model for the problem areas on a floor, and a another tool for the entire floor.

Reply to
Latosha Washington