SpotBot

Just an update:::::

My new SpotBot is working well. I am quite pleased. It is working better for spots than any professional I've had to come in. I wish the water tanks were larger, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of a small portable machine that is easy to bring out and use for one new spot.

Donna

Reply to
Texas Gen

This tells me nohing. You might tell us what is a spotbox. I'm pleased you are finding it works welll for you, but at no point have you made me want to go and buy one. It seems to me the current crop of posters here send vague messages only, and with little interest for those who a. Please, please, please ensure whwen you are wriitnhave agenuine interest in professional standard home cleaning, such as myself. I'd like the newsgroup subscribers to take a few minutes to let us know what tool you are describing and what it is meant to do for uyou Otherwise, how can we possibly learn about modern day home assistance. It's not my speciality, I tend to go for the better traditional newspaper and egg, these will do very nicely, and so, you will be surprised to know,vinegar will solve most cleaning problems. Has anyone read my book?

Mr F. Bentos

Reply to
Mr F. Bentos

I seem to recall your Home Guide. "Never ridicule a woman. It breaks her spirit and cuts off her efficiency."

"The female employee should be given a definite day-long schedule of duties so that she will keep busy without bothering the management for instructions every few minutes. Women make excellent workers when they have had their jobs cut out for them, but they lack initiative in finding work themselves."

"It's a safe bet to pick young married women. They usually have more of a sense of responsibility than their unmarried sisters, they're less likely to be flirtatious, they need the extra income (or they wouldn't be doing it) - and with age on their side, they still have the pep and interest to work hard and efficiently. When you have to use older women, try to get ones who have worked outside the home at some time in their lives. Older women who have no life experience tend to have a hard time adapting themselves to new environments and are inclined to be cantankerous and fussy. It's always well to impress upon older women the importance of friendliness and courtesy. You can state your requirements to your domestic agency."

Didn't you also publish a Guide for Women in Business and Courtship?

Reply to
E Z Peaces

To the pompous F. Bentos: plonk

Reply to
Texas Gen

If you're going to insist on shallowly mimicking the original, at least put forth some effort at your prose... The lack of raison-d'etre makes you immature and a rank-amateur at best.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

It's flattering to know you are amongst my readers, dear Peaces.

Mr F. Bentos

Reply to
Mr F. Bentos

You plonked the heart of ahc?

What he meant was he wants to know more about your SpotBot. I do, too. I've heard they leave a carpet pretty wet. So far, I've settled for stains.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

I had heard that too. But it didn't leave mine very wet. I didn't even need to put a fan on the areas. My carpet is a short pile, and that may make a difference

Reply to
Texas Gen

I have white carpet all over the house, installed 20 years ago. Well, it used to be white. The pile is fairly deep and there's padding under it.

"anengineerguy", July 8, 2007. When I find a helpful review, I like to look at that person's other reviews.

It looks as if the SpotBot does a lot of scrubbing, and a professional can't spend all that time. I guess it's also thorough about removing the soap.

FH is a professional carpet cleaner. Sometimes he pops in at ahc. He would have insight. It's hard to believe, but he and Mr. Bentos often disagreed. :)

This person refers to Consumer Reports:

E Z Peaces

This looks good. I had no idea that any of the uprights were rated highly.

Doing it yourself has some good points. I have had some scarey occurrences with service people in my home lately. The last painter's helper stole some of our drugs and later made a big main spill [coke? beer?] with a trail of drips on the carpet (which are stains I've got to treat yet again). He looked a little spacey before he left, but at that time we didn't know why. :-)

Thanks--

Donna

Reply to
Texas Gen

It looks as if I'd have to subscribe to see what they say about spot scrubbers. This model soaps going forward, rinses going back, and removes water when the trigger is released.

I've ended up using a garden sprayer and a scrub brush with a Bissell to suck up the water. It's slow and doesn't clean very well but at least I don't leave much water.

A neighbor had a relative of a friend do some wiring. Later, the neighbor said he knew the worker was high on methamphetamine because he could smell it. A few weeks later the power company removed his meter because the seal was broken. The neighbor, who wasn't aware that the worker had broken the seal, had to pay a big penalty.

Reply to
E Z Peaces