sodium hydroxide for carpet cleaning

Sodium Hydroxide (NAoh) is great for carpet cleaning!

Love the stuff.

I noticed i can get it from the shop 'boots' in town now alot cheaper then i was getting it from before just a tip for those in the UK.

Last place i was getting it from i found out was a CIA stinger site!

Ouch!

Scary stuff

Reply to
zelda

Sodium Hydroxide is a very strong base, hydrophilic, highly reactive, and often used in harsher oven cleaners and in soap making. It can dissolve hair, grease, skin and could cause blindness. I would guess it can quickly damage wool carpeting with certain concentrations, although I have not personally verified this. Use with extreme care. I thought sawdust soaked in household ammonia, spread over carpeting, allowed to dry, then vacuumed up makes a lot sense. Something to that effect stated by Mr.B.

Reply to
Phisherman

I know a lye when I see one.

Whatever the stuff is, you may be smoking too much of it.

If I found lye in my boots I'd give you the boots and the lye for free.

The Cotton Insurance Association? Why not check with the Nylon Insurance Association? If you put anything stronger than pH 10 on a nylon carpet, you'll void the warranty. NaOH is 14.

Sorry, just making sure you were awake.

Not nearly so scary as ammonia and sawdust.

Reply to
Enumerator