Rust stains on concrete

The wing blew over a vat of vinegar where I had been soaking rusted files.

Now the concrete patio has a rust stain.

What is best way to remove it?

Also: The files still look rusty. Should I clean again and oil them? Or...?

TIA

Ungeschickt

Reply to
Ungeschickt

Your concrete pad is ruined forever; find a file sale.

Reply to
Phisherman

Oxalic acid removes rust. It's toxic. ZUD, sold in supermarkets, is a relatively safe form. Wood bleach is a stronger form.

Muriatic acid removes worse stains by dissolving concrete. It requires safety precautions.

The difference between a rusty knife and a rusty file is that you can sharpen a rusty knife.

Reply to
E Z Peaces