Rust

While in the process of dying, our water heater caused rusty looking sheets and tshirts. Is there anyway of getting the rust out? I've tried bleach and it doesn't work. Thanks.

Reply to
Snowfeet1

Fuller Brush Man

Rust in fabrics can be a challenge. The products available for rust removal may damage color fabrics. You could try dissolving 1/4 t. table salt in 1/8 c. warm lemon juice or vinegar and applying this to the stain. If this works (and does not damage the fabric or color), you can use a cup of salt and a gallon of vinegar to an entire wash load. Perhaps someone can mention a specific product for rust stain removal in fabrics that works, yet safe.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
Fuller Brush Man