laundry

anyone know a good way to get ranch dressing out of a shirt that's 50% cotton and 50% polyester? thanks a bunch, glenn

Reply to
glenn

Hi Glenn,

What's in the Ranch Dressing?

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

I would try Simple Green, yes the household cleaner. Everytime a friend has a grease problem they ask,"Whats that cleaner again?" I buy it in the BIG bottles....after all it cleans my house AND helps in laundry Sandy

Reply to
Sandy

In ranch dressing there's typically vegetable oil, egg yolk, milk, sugar and salt. If the shirt was already laundered, the stain may be "set" and much more difficult to remove. It may be a combination stain from the veg oil and protein. An oxygen bleach (OxiClean,etc) or a common stain-removal product (Spray & Wash, etc) should work.

Reply to
Phisherman

Murphey's Oil Soap has been known to remove ranch dressing stains. I wonder if your brand of dressing contains a gummy substance. Vaseline can be used to dissolve a gummy stain so it can be washed out with detergent.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall