removing wax

Anyone know how to remove candle wax from the hearth of a fireplace? It is slate I think. I scrapped the wax drippings off and then rubbed the slate with mineral spirits but there is still some residue. Also can I put something on the slate to shine it up. Patt.

Reply to
Patt

White spirit or even some petrol will work.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean