Recycling

Is there a good recycling newsgroup.

Or is that on-topic here?

I figure that after cleaning comes recycling so it is relevant, but maybe there is a better ng for this.

Since I'm here, my current two questions are,

What to do when I find a nice tool, like water-pump pliers, that don't work well. A cheap design, and probably cheaply made, and now only works right in one position out of five. The other four slip back into the first. I'm afraid a charity relacted thrift store will still charge more than the thing is worth, and if I label it, "25 c" , I'm afraid they'll still charge 2 dollars and cheat someone unintentionally.

Are there any recyclable plastics that aren't labelled with that

3-arrow triangle, with the number inside. Like the bags for vegetables at the supermarket,

and the tops of bubble packs (sometimes those are quite thick and have a lot of plastic in them.)

mm

If you have things you want to give away you can try an organization called Freecycle. It's purpose is to gift others with items you wish to keep out of landfills. You can go to

and see if there is one near you. If there isn't, it's pretty easy to start one. I've given away *a lot* of items on ours.

These things, I'd probably drop off at our local recycling center.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

It's obviously totally useless, so toss it...no one would want such a piece of junk.

With plastic, paper, and glass you are wasting your time trying to "recycle" them - there is absolutely NO market for recycling these items, it's simply not cost/energy - effective.

Reply to
Gregory Morrow
Reply to
Gregory Morrow