i'm spring cleaning and i'm not happy about it!

50 year old single man, never been 'domesticated, now my house is in a sorry state. the kitchen and toilet are clean, but the rest is a mess mainly of tools and dust a few engines. I know the major work is mine only, but after I clear my mountain are there still 'women that do' when I was a youth there were many old Mr's Jones who came in a time or 2 a week for a small fee, and 'did for' . Is there such a service still active in the UK? I would even consider attending a collage course as I don't have a clue! thanks... oh well back to the Hoover and mop.
Reply to
<trumpets

mop.----------------------------------------------------

Services such as Merry Maids are very expensive here in Detroit area VERY. If you go with independent person here they charge up to $10.00 a hour plus easy and you have to be careful as our news exposed these people going through your waste baskets for bank/credit card statements and you end up the victim of ID fraud.

Why don&#39;t you hire a pro. service for a one time heavy cleaning then make a chart you can stick by for every day cleaning so things don&#39;t pile up on you. Mark an X on chart as chores are done and you wil go to bed a more happy person.

Reply to
ms. tonya

there are certainly women that do! (women who do...? whichever!)

my brother is a lot like yourself albeit younger (and without the old engines) & he had a cleaning team come in & get the problem down to a dull roar first, and now they just maintain the cleanliness. he CAN do it, it&#39;s just that he doesn&#39;t want to, so he does a bad job & the mess just gets out of control.

yes indeedy, you have to pay for it, but if it&#39;s worth it to you to have someone else do it, it&#39;s money well-spent imo. if it&#39;s not worth it to you to pay the going rate, do as ms tonya suggests - maintenance is easier than tackling the whole problem yourself if you feel you won&#39;t do it well. for my brother, it&#39;s worth it, because housework puts him in such a bad mood. i don&#39;t really understand his view on this since it&#39;s his mess, but the fact is, for him it&#39;s worthwhile to have a cleaner come in once a week to deal with his mess so he doesn&#39;t have to. kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

In my neighborhood maids are quite common. The expense depends on the amount of cleaning to be done. Cleaning generally is $12-16 an hour. Obviously, the cost will depend on what you want done. Look for proof of insured and bonded personnel unless you are hiring a trusted relative.

Reply to
Phisherman